Well i really don't know where to start this thread...
My jackson chameleon hasn't been eating well so i had bought him some house fly's. I gave him some fly's and he was eating them up. I got home yesterday after doing some er ins and noticed a bubbly substance that i am sure was his puke. It had a couple partially digested fly's in it. The fly's in the cage appeared to be hovering around him and the puke, and looked to be bothering him. Therefore, i removed the fly's. For the rest of the evening he wouldn't move and stayed darker colors and never went lower in the cage like he normally does to sleep. I assumed he was stressed over the fly's...
Then this morning i hand misted as i normally do, he drank a lot of water. More than normal. So i misted him several more times through out the day by hand and he drank lots from every misting. He never does this. Usually i mist him in the morning by hand and let the dripper and mist king do the job through out the day. Since i can never get him to drink from the hand mister but in the morning. Now on to the leg...
He wasn't moving still this morning. So i got him out to do a quick look over and couldn't notice anything. I was looking for bumps, lost nails, swelling, and anything else that might look abnormal. As the day went on his leg seemed to start to swell. Today i didn't see him put pressure on his leg / paw at all.
I am pretty worried about him... this is how his mothers health started to go down hill. The sad thing is i have no idea on his genetic make up. I had bought his mother from a Petsmart. She was pregnant, and to make things short we raised the babies for four months had an excellent turn out and kept the biggest male, who we call Twitch. Now he is hurt and i need help
It really stinks this happened right at the beginning of the weekend. I hope i can get my herp. vet to help me tomorrow. Being way up here in Northern country i only have one reliable vet that i can go to. Anyone else is 7+ hours for me to get to. Downstate Detroit area that is...
Like i said i don't know where to start, there is a lot of signs i think but i cant put them together. Between the excessive drinking, the puke, and now a hurt leg.
* Cage Type - Home made screen/wood. 2' x 2' wide by 3.5' high
* Lighting - Reptisun two 18" one 5.0 and one 10.0 For basking i have a 75 watt soft white. (normal household bulb) They are on timers. Turn on at 7:00 and turn off at 6:30.
* Temperature -75 degrees normal temp 80 to 85 degrees basking spot. I use a digital thermometer/hydrometer. To measure temp and humidity.
* Humidity -His levels go from 55 to 70 percent. I use a humidifier to make sure i reach these levels.
* Plants - I use live plants i have two pothos and a schefrella.
* Placement - In my bedroom. Minimum traffic. I have a towel on the side of the cage that gets the traffic.
* Location - Where are you geographically located? I live in Marquette mi.
* Your Chameleon - A male jacksons. A year and 6 months now. Raised him from birth.
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never just to take him from his cage to the out side cage in the summer. I took him out today to observe to see if i noticed anything abnormal. Other than that just for cage cleaning.
* Feeding - I feed him roaches and supers as a staple, he also gets silkies when available, butter worms, phenixworms, and crickets. I offer food every other day.
* Supplements - I use rep-cal calcium every other feeding. Rep-cal calcium with D3 once a month unless he has been outside a lot. And finally, reptivite once every other month.
* Watering - He has a auto mister runs 4 times a day. 3 times at 10 minutes and 1 time at 5 mins. I also hand mist in the morning because i have never scene him drink from anything else but the drops from the mist bottle. I buy culligan water from walmart.
* Fecal Description - Brown poo, his urates are normally mostly white.
* History - I raised him from birth. He has always been real active and strong.
I know this picture isn't good but i didn't want to keep flashing him in a time where he needs the most rest. You can tell that he isn't using it and looks swollen.
Please any advise is good advise