Originally Posted by LinkinParkRulez08
When my veiled was that old, maybe everyday to every other day, depending on the amount of food, and what kind it was.
I'm studying a friends veiled chameleons potty habits and schedule.
Monday - Calcium, 5 Crickets
Tuesday - NONE
Wednesday - Calcium, 5 Crickets
Thursday - NONE
Friday - Calcium, 5 Crickets
Saturday - NONE
Sunday - Calcium w/D3, 5 Crickets
For my friends adult Male Veiled she feeds him 5 crickets every other day. But, For the past month here little guys poops about once a week! I'm don't think that's quite normal. What can cause this type of behavior?
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? - 7-8Month old Male Veiled Chameleon, 4 months.
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Never.
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? - 5/8" crickets, dusted with cal suppliment...crickets are fed gutload food
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Sticky Tounge Farms - Miner-all, once a week and repti cal
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? - mist 2xs / day,ice cube in a large styrofoam cup from the top of the enclosure to provide drips
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Fecal matter is brown and urates at time can be a little yellowish but for the most part a white.
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. N/A
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen cage 18x18x36
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Zilla Slimline 20in' Florecent UVB bulb, 1x 75watt incandescent house bulb
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Ambient daytime room temp 73-78, night 69-71, enclosure hot side 85-88, cool side approx 80 depending on room temps.
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? mist 2x's/day
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? None at the moment. Was using Pothos plants but had been removed some time ago.
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In the basement, No traffic at all, cage in 3 feet above the ground.
* Location - Where are you geographically located? Chicago, IL
Current Problem - Not going to the bathroom often. once a week or even at time longer..